Thursday, March 22, 2007

Official Business and A Cheesehead

Today I went to the City-County Building to get a Business License for Little Fire Photography & Design. So, it's official, I am now the proud owner of an LLC. Well, almost. See, the servers were down, so I won't get the actual license until tomorrow, BUT it's all paid for and whatnot. I can't believe we're doing this. I never thought, in a million years, that I would be one to own my own business, especially after years of watching my dad try to manage his and the affects we, his beloved family, so keenly felt. Of course, he had/has a lot of things going against him, which we don't have, hopefully. And it's not like we're putting all our eggs in this one basket, but it's still quite scary. Just getting all the right paperwork done and all the tax things and all that is very overwhelming. No wonder smart people go to college for a business degree first. Should have thought about that. Oh well. We're off and running. I'm shooting my first wedding this weekend and I'm starting to get really nervous. I bought a bunch of photography books on lighting and photojournalism and stuff and most of it is going completely over my head and intimidating the life out of me. I just want to do a good job for them. I want them to be extremely pleased and have no regrets. Anyway... It's official. Yikes!

This is my cheesehead. Aidan had a SMALL piece of cheese on his head today during lunch. (He likes to smear his food in his hair. Don't ask me why. Maybe that's why he isn't growing any hair on the sides of his head...) So I took it off, saying, "You have cheese on your head!" He promptly picked up a larger piece and stuck it to his head. The little trickster.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Don't be intimidated- you are astoundingly good at photography, especially given the small amount of training you've had. You're gonna blow people away.

Also, love the picture. You have such a funny kid.

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Thanks. :) Wish me luck.

Holly said...

From what I can tell from your pictures on here & your other blog, you are great! I mean it, you have a way of making a story out of a picture & they always look perfectly lit & all that stuff. Good luck