Saturday, May 24, 2008

Baby Voice

Over the past few days I've had the opportunity to listen to my little boy speak without being near him; from a separate room, over the phone. I don't know what it is but when he's not talking directly to me his little voice makes me well up. Right now he's having lunch with his daddy and he's just jabbering away and it's the cutest thing. When I talked to him on the phone this past week I nearly burst into tears because of how sweet his voice sounds. I often forget that he's a still a baby, still so fresh and new to this world. I'm amazed by the thoughts that come from his little brain, the way he can talk so sweetly to his little sister or the way he makes his cars talk to each other in different tones and pitches. I don't know, his little voice has just transfixed me this week. I wanted to share.

1 comment:

Sue said...

There is something so touching and sweet and vivid about this little paragraph. I love my son's voice too. I dread the day that he starts to sound grown up.