For a really long time now, so long I don't remember how long, I have not worn my engagement ring because a jeweler told me the prongs were wearing down and my precious diamond was apt to slip right out at any moment. He told me it would cost $100 to fix, which hasn't really been available. Anyway, I tucked it away in my jewelry box and wore a ring my mom gave me. Well, it turns out that one of the perks of my husband's employment is that he can get jewelry fixed and whatnot for cheap. So he took my ring in and I finally got it back yesterday! Yay!! Look at how pretty it is, all polished and looking brand new! And it didn't cost a dime because there was nothing wrong with it. The prongs are fine. And even if they weren't, we were informed, they couldn't be replaced singly because that's one unit so the whole unit would have to be replaced and that would only be about $50. Not $100. So all this time I have not been wearing my ring because some greedy jeweler wanted to make a few bucks. Punk. Anyway, I'm really glad to have my ring back.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Hello, My Pretty
For a really long time now, so long I don't remember how long, I have not worn my engagement ring because a jeweler told me the prongs were wearing down and my precious diamond was apt to slip right out at any moment. He told me it would cost $100 to fix, which hasn't really been available. Anyway, I tucked it away in my jewelry box and wore a ring my mom gave me. Well, it turns out that one of the perks of my husband's employment is that he can get jewelry fixed and whatnot for cheap. So he took my ring in and I finally got it back yesterday! Yay!! Look at how pretty it is, all polished and looking brand new! And it didn't cost a dime because there was nothing wrong with it. The prongs are fine. And even if they weren't, we were informed, they couldn't be replaced singly because that's one unit so the whole unit would have to be replaced and that would only be about $50. Not $100. So all this time I have not been wearing my ring because some greedy jeweler wanted to make a few bucks. Punk. Anyway, I'm really glad to have my ring back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's beautiful Annie!
I fell for the prongs are loose on your ring scam too. It was many years ago. I was waiting for you to finish a ballet class and cruising the mall was one way I killed the time. I decided to take my diamond ring to be cleaned. I was informed that the prongs were worn and loose and I better get it fixed pronto. So since I still had time, I let the guy do it. I have sometimes wondered if my real diamond got swapped for a fake or if the prongs really were worn or if the jeweler did nothing and still collected $80 from me.
Post a Comment