To The Neighbors Upstairs:
We'd appreciate it if you were a bit quieter when walking around up there. At least take off those clunky shoes you wear when walking through your kitchen at eleven o'clock at night. We have sleeping children. And one or two of us are prone to headaches.
To The Neighbor Downstairs (if you even exist, we've never seen you):
Sorry about our kids. Especially the older one. We try to keep him from jumping and landing on his butt, but he's two. If it's not that, it's something else. At least I walk on my tiptoes when I walk through the kitchen in my noisy shoes and we try to step over the creaky floorboards.
To The Neighbor Guy Who Lives Across and Up:
Next time you see me struggling with a baby, five bags of groceries, and a two year old who is running away from me INTO the parking lot, please offer some assistance.
To The Mothers of the Girls Who Run About Unchecked:
The community rules state that you are required to watch your children when they are outside. That doesn't mean that you can just leave your door and/or windows open. It doesn't mean that you can yell out your door "Mitsy! WHERE IS YOUR SISTER?" That does not qualify as keeping an eye on your children. If you can't see them, you aren't watching them. I don't mind pushing them on the swings if I can, but I will not be responsible if they get hurt. I've got two of my own to worry about and they come first.
To The Maintenance Man:
If you want to smoke I can't do anything about it, but please, PLEASE, do not flick your ciggy butts onto the ground or toss your empty cartons on the grass. Children play around here.
Thank you kindly.
3 comments:
Don't you wish you could actually post these letters on the mailboxes at your complex? Or better yet, just tack them to the neighbor's doors. Isn't that what the little clip by your door is for anyway?
I wish I could. Especially one about the little girls. I saw one of the little girls playing in her parents car the other day. I've heard too many stories about kids dying in hot cars to not worry about it.
Sometimes when the safety of a child is involved you need to act. As uncomfortable as it may be with the neighbor, you should have taken that child out of the car and to her mother. You could have said something to her like "I know how active children can be and that it's difficult sometimes to keep track of them. But I was concerned for your daughter's safety when I saw her playing in your car. There have just been too many incidents of children being trapped in cars and dying due to extreme heat."
Post a Comment