Sunday, December 20, 2009

I love taking photos.

This weekend I had two portrait shoots.  The first was for my brother, Conor, and his wife, Katie, and their two kids.  They were in town from Denver and we squeezed in a session for their family on Friday.  The second was for my cousin, Sue, who has a 3 month old bundle of absolute cuteness.  (Have you read Sue's blog?  You  haven't?  Pity.)  I told them that I didn't know when I would get to editing their photos and that it would probably be after Christmas since I haven't even started shopping yet.  


However, I had a few minutes to myself yesterday and, like a moth to a flame, I started looking through them and before I knew it I had three or four open and I was sprinkling them with Photoshop magic.  Now, Conor, Katie, and Sue, don't get too excited because these are the only ones I did.  I must put them away until after Christmas so I can focus on urgent matters.  


But, until then, enjoy.


This is Chas.  He's 3 1/2-ish and is built like a tank.  The first time I saw him this trip he came running towards me with open arms.  I was unprepared to absorb the impact and he totally knocked me down.  I love this kid.  Miss him already.



Miss Leila.  She is pure sweetness.  Have you ever seen prettier eyes?  And that mouth?!  Good heavens.  I wish you could hear her laugh.  Funniest thing ever.



This is Joshua.  Or Benjamin.  Or Fernando.  I'm not quite sure they've decided yet.  I'm in love with his chubby arms.  What a sweet, happy baby he is!


Don't you just want to eat him up?!

Thanks, all, for letting me photograph your wee ones.  Reminded me how I love it!

6 comments:

Katie said...

They are sooo beautiful! You really are talented Annie! I'm excited to see more when you have more free time. :) Thanks again!

TheOneTrueSue said...

These are so wonderful, I'm just in love with them. Even my very low-key, low-reaction husband was really impressed. YAY! Thank you so much!

Annie Jarman said...

Sue, tell Lee that was the best compliment ever!

Wendy said...

Awwww, look at those cute babies! You have the best way of getting these great expressions from them. Love it.

Miriam Herm said...

dude, katie's kids are huge! too bad she doesn't blog anymore, or i would have known that.

also, sorry i stink at commenting. just know that i am still your devoted fan!

your photography is such an inspiration. those photos of emily eating her cereal make me ache they are so good!

Annie Jarman said...

Wendy, thanks! All I do is snap, snap, snap away! Works like a charm.

Thank you Miriam, you are so sweet! To date, those photos of Emily are my absolute favorites. Some day I'm going to print them up big and hang them on my wall!