Thursday, February 25, 2010

Two scoops or one?

At our house, we play Ice Cream Shop.  Aidan takes his Liming NaQueen from Halloween, sits it up on a bumper and then tells Emily to come and get some ice cream.  A typical game goes like this:

"Ice Cream!  Who wants ice cream?" (Aidan)

"I do!"  Emily approaches the counter full of anticipation.


"What kind do you want?"

"Uhhhh... princess!"

"Um... we're out of that."

"Chocolate!"

"We don't have that either."

"Pink?"  Emily's hopes are fading.

"Uh-"

"Aidan, why don't you tell her what kind you DO have?"




"Okay," he says, begrudgingly.  "We have white.  Do you want white?"

"Yeah!!"  It's like her birthday and Christmas and a visit from Tinkerbell all rolled up into one.

"Here you go."




And then Emily decides she needs to go potty and asks Aidan if she can use his bafroom, to which he obliges by stepping aside so she can sit down behind the "counter", go potty, flush the potty and wash her hands.

I'm just glad she's washing her hands.  She fights me in real life.

7 comments:

melissa said...

I love an illustrated story. ;) That's really sweet!

Lindsey said...

oh my gosh. one of my favorite posts ever. i love the photos. good job. and princess? i love that that was her first choice. love them.

Wendy said...

How nice of him to let her use the bathroom. And how convenient that it's right behind the counter.

Grandma Cebe said...

Maybe the next time they play this, Aidan should tell her that in order get an ice cream cone she'll have to pay in binkys. One binky for each scoop.

Cute story.

Annie Jarman said...

@Melissa: I wanted to be just like you. :) I love your picture story posts.

@Linds: I know! I want some princess ice cream!

@Wendy: Yeah, hope the FDA doesn't stop by for an inspection.

@Mom: On occasion he'll charger her $60 for an ice cream cone. Must be gourmet.

Kelly said...

Man - I want princess ice cream too! Pat and I used to play McDonalds drive through at the front window on Little Kate. We basically just wanted an excuse to climb through the window.

Grandma Cebe said...

Kelly - that activity is another one of those things that I didn't know about, or did I and have forgotten.