Monday, July 12, 2010

Diet Pepsi at 5:00pm + Chocolate Ice Cream at 9:30pm = Annie isn't sleeping.

Well, I guess I was about due for some ill-conceived sugar consumption.  I've been pretty good about limiting such gluttony at night, and I probably would have been okay with just the Pepsi, but when my husband asked me if I wanted some Rocky Road, I was defenseless.  Chocolate ice cream + almonds + marshmallows = my kryptonite.

Anyhoo, it was really hot today.  Or at least it felt like it as I was carting two kids and bags of grocery items across roasting parking lots.  I'm not ready for the heat of summer.  I used to love it, but I find as I'm getting older, I kind of hate it.

Because it was hot, I bought watermelon, grapes, strawberries and ice cream, so really it's the heat's fault that I am now awake instead of asleep.  It made me buy ice cream.

We got the sprinkler out for the kids to play in.  (And by we I mean me.)  Every time Aidan ran through it he yelled "Cannonball!!"

Aidan is hilarious right now.  He's always talking about "My own earth".  He's always talking about it and always refers to it as "My Own Earth."  "There's only kids on My Own Earth."  "My Own Earth is a dragon earth."  "The planet next to My Own Earth is a Toy Story planet with a Pizza Planet.  Get it, Mom?  Pizza Planet?"  "It takes one hour to get to My Own Earth.  It's really far away."  "Mom, you can visit My Own Earth but then you have to go home because My Own Earth is just for kids."

Yesterday he made up a pretend board game that we played for about 10 minutes.  There was a board, some stairs and a bed and once you got on the bed you had to say "hee-haw!" and then you won.  Aidan won every round.  I think it was rigged.

My birthday is next week.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

The sunflower that is growing in a pot on my balcony is now taller than my 6'4" husband.  It's going to bloom pretty soon.  I saw a little yellow petal on it today.  I'm pretty excited.  I'm pretty excited about one day having a real garden.

I am officially going to be tired tomorrow.

2 comments:

Grandma Cebe said...

Repeat after me "Nothing with caffine in it after 4 PM." (Chocolate has caffine, you know.)

I hope Aidan will let me visit him on "My Own Earth". Sounds like a great place.

Can I come run through the sprinkler too?

tylerandmommy said...

Ooh Tyler and Aidan should SO be friends they are so similar. We recently played a game called tic tac. You throw a ball into a hockey net that has sticks stuck through it and try to get it to land on a sushi mat. Aren't kids fun?