Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I finally got the live images from Emily's ballet performance.  First of all, one of the things I love about CBT (Children's Ballet Theatre), is that they don't do your typical "recital".  They do story ballets.  The big girls perform in the big show and the little girls (2 1/2 to 5 years old) have their own.  The little show this year was "A Bug's Ball".  The fairies invite the bugs to a "ball" and the all come out and have fun.  We had ladybugs, ants, bumblebees and butterflies.  Seriously so cute.

Anyway, here are the live shots.  Emily was very serious the whole time.  She didn't smile once, but she knew what she was doing and where she was supposed to go.  I'll have to remind her next time to smile!

This is her coming out the first time.

While the other girls were prancing around willy nilly, Emily was very concerned about finding her spot.  At one point, one of the big girl Ladybugs was standing on what Emily thought was her spot, and Emily just stood there looking at her spot and looking up at the big girl!  It was pretty funny.


She eventually found a spot of her own.  (I think this is mid jump.  She's either landing or taking off!)


Waving goodbye at the end!  Such a serious face, ha ha!  It was such a great night and she did really well.  I'm so excited for the next one!
PS:  I think the fairy costume above with the peach skirt was the one I wore when we did "Thumbelina".  Ah, good memories!

All photos are from KD Portraits.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Stop it right now! She is most definitely the cutest ladybug I have ever seen! How sweet to have her following in your ballerina footsteps.

Lindsey said...

HEARTS all around to these pics. love them.