Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How To Tuesday {Laundry}

I know what you're thinking:  Laundry?  Really?!

A couple days ago I had a conversation with my sister-in-law, Traci, about our laundry OCD and I thought to myself that I'd share with you all my favorite laundry trick.

I love kid PJs.  Love them.  I can hardly walk past the PJ table at Costco without at least stopping to look.  It has something to do with matching sets, I think.  I love matching sets of anything.  And when I'm folding my clothes, I like a nice clean, uniform fold that minimizes wrinkles.  That must be from my years working at the Polo Factory Store in Park City.  

So here's how I fold my kids' PJs.

I pulled these out of Emily's drawer.  (I was going to really impress you and run a load of their clothes just to show you this technique, but that's not going to happen today.)

The first step is probably to match tops and bottoms.  Duh.  Next, take the bottoms and fold them so they are the same length as the shirt is wide.  Turn the shirt over and put the bottoms up by the sleeves.  If it's a long sleeve top, fold the arms over the bottoms.

Then fold the top in half over the folded bottoms.

And, voila!  A beautifully folded pair of PJs.

Makes my heart sing just looking at it.  

Happy folding!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

haha i love it! I am so OCD about folding clothes. i even take it a step further and if I feel like I didn't fold it right after I put it away, I think about it and then go fix it.....everytime...