Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1 {Ice Garden}

Why I took it: I guess I should start with what it is, it's my bedroom window.  From the inside.  That's ice.  Our windows are very drafty and apparently it's very cold outside.  I took it because it is beautiful and interesting and I've never seen ice form like that.

What I like: I like that it looks like a painting or mosaic in parts.  I went back and forth between two images when I was deciding which one to work with.  The other had better focus throughout, but I like the way that this one made it look like a garden with the different shape and textures in the ice.

What I don't like:  Focus again.  The top left corner is not focused.  And I think it's a little dark, even though I thought I lightened up enough.  I guess that's an easy enough fix.

2 comments:

Grandma Cebe said...

I really like this. I can see it as wrapping paper by repeating the pattern. Cool.

Nicole said...

ooh, i love this.