Friday, January 14, 2011

It's Friday.

I committed to hibernating today when I decided, after showering, doing my makeup and drying my hair (girl's gotta look good even if the only humans she'll see for the day are 3 and 5), that I was putting PJ pants back on.  Okay, truthfully, I committed to hibernation last night when I drove home from work in a snow storm.  Have you ever tried to go out when it's cold outside with two kids who are particularly keen on disobeying every request you make ("Don't walk in the snow!  Don't throw snow at your sister!  Don't play in the snow you aren't wearing gloves!!  Hurry up!!!!  Let's go!!  WILL YOU GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW AND GET IN THE CAR?!?!?!!!!!!!!!???????)?  Winter makes me ornery.  Being cold makes me ornery.  It's best for everyone if we all just stay inside if we can help it.

However, I did not quite think this through because we are in need of a trip to the store for food that doesn't include powdered cheese or frozen hotdogs.  And I'm hungry.  Looking at PW's Tasty Kitchen website did not help.  I could gorge myself on the Bacon Parmesan Pasta right now.  I'd like to put in a request to the food fairy to bring me something delicious to eat, because I really am committed to not leaving my hidey-hole until it is absolutely required of me.  And I'm hungry.

Completely unrelated - I think my all time favorite 80's movie was "The Worst Witch".  Did you ever see it?  With Fairuza Balk and Tim Curry?  (Sidenote:  Did you watch Tim Curry on "Criminal Minds" the other night?  Holy moly.)  Essentially, Fairuza plays a witch who goes to boarding school to learn how to be a witch, but she's not very good so everyone makes fun of her.  Anyway, I loooooooved this movie.  I don't know how many times I watched it as a kid, but it must have been a lot because watching it now is like going home.  It is so familiar and comforting in a weird way.  I love it.

So, enjoy.  (It's about 10 minutes.)




And if you go and fall in love with it, you can watch the whole thing (in 10 minute segments) on the you tube.

Have a lovely day.

3 comments:

Grandma Cebe said...

You should have ventured out today. The temperature was in the mid 30s. It felt quite balmy as a matter of fact. However, tomorrow it's suppose to snow again. You will probably have to go the grocery store unless the food fairy made a visit.

Lindsey said...

not gonna lie. I actually enjoyed the first 10 minutes of the worst witch. and yes I did watch it. now the first 2 minutes made me feel really weird but then after that, smooth sailing..

Kelly said...

Oh I loved the Worst Witch! I remember watching that growing up too. Tim Curry...so good!