Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So it goes.

Oh blog.  How lonely and forgotten you must feel.  I am guilty of neglecting you, but really the problem is I don't know what to do with you or if an audience even exists to tend to your vanity.  I'm also busy with children and a husband and a job, you understand.  It's too bad I can't just download the posts I write in my head as I fall asleep, then we wouldn't have this problem.

I want to write about so much.  I made goals this year and gave myself a personal theme.  That's pretty amazing considering I have never done that since I am generally what is called A Failure.  I usually give up things before I begin them, but no more.  I'm turning 30 this year and, so help me, I am going to get my act in gear.

I also have this boy child who deserves an entire post of his own.  We had a little journey this past year, me and him.  Growing, learning, understanding.  Motherhood is a tough course of study and he has been one tough professor.  I feel like a better mother, though.  Not perfect, but better than I was.

And because this is my 30th year, I think I'll try to post on the 23rd of every month with some kind of memory of my 1st 30 years.

Also, I have this little photography project, that little private blog I mentioned.  I know, I know, a private blog.  I might as well dig it an internet grave and say good by to all my readers, but I'm in a place with my photography that I don't want to share it with the whole wide interweb.  But I'll be happy to share it with you.  And I hope that if you didn't get an invite to it already that you aren't offended.  I didn't want to assume everyone would  (or should) be interested.  But if you do, I'm happy to have you.  I'm doing pretty good.  3 posts so far!

Well, the children have finished their movie and have invaded my immediate space, which means I'm done.  I fare the well, at least until the 23rd.

6 comments:

Annie said...

I'm here. I'm reading. I want to hear your every thought. OK, not EVERY thought, but a lot of them.

melissa said...

Love your blog and would love an invitation to your photography blog. meleemaxwell@gmail.com

Nicole said...

i'm very curious about the photography project...

Lindsey said...

If you don't blog anymore, my world will end. I love you!

Jocie said...

You are not a failure. Motherhood IS hard. And goals are just the general direction that you want to go. If you don't make them , then you just went in a different direction. And I love your thoughts too.

Ashleigh said...

I want in...
you have my stuff! :)