Monday, April 2, 2007

Getting Around To It

So I'm finally getting around to it, but now that it's more than a week later, I can't remember what it is I wanted to say about my Manti trip. We were in Manti because I had my first gig as a wedding photographer. That, in and of itself, was an experience. I haven't really looked at the pictures since I got back because I'm afraid of how they really turned out. I know I'm being hard on myself and I know that there are quite a few I'm pretty proud of, but I felt like I struggled so badly, especially with the reception because of the lighting and my very limited knowledge of lighting techniques. I suppose my expectations for myself and my skills at this point are way too high. I expect to turn out pictures like Busath Studios (www.busath.com). (They do all the portraits of the 12 Apostles and all that. They're really good.) When I don't, I get down. I just need to remind myself that eventually I will get there. I guess the mindset of "now! now! now!" comes from my generation's attitude that everything should be they way we want it right at the moment we want it. Anyway, this wedding was just a jumping off point. It can only get better, right?

The rest of the trip was great. I'm kicking myself for not taking ANY pictures besides the wedding, because there was so much I wanted you all to see, from our rundown 50 year old B&B that hadn't changed in all those fifty years to the funny shower head that hit my husband at the shoulder to the cow walking down the highway to the sign for Makin' Bacon Pork Farms. I'm kicking myself for not constantly having my camera out. Why?! So dumb. Anyway... it was a great weekend. It was fun to spend time with my hubby (who is the best assistant ever) without having to worry about the babe. Wish we could do it more often.

No comments: