Friday, April 6, 2007

Kick Me While I'm Down

We felt the new baby kick last night! ("We" meaning my hubby and I.) It's just as exciting as the first time! I forgot how I loved that. I remember thinking I was going to miss it when Aidan was born, but I forgot about it until last night! Something about it just makes me happy. I feel so much more connected to this baby at this stage in the game than I did to Aidan, which also makes me happy. Maybe it's because I know what the end result is and I know how amazing it is to be a mom. I was telling my cousin, Erika, who just had a baby that I didn't fall in love with Aidan until he was about six months old. In truth, he was probably older than that. It was just such a scary unknown experience with him. But this time, I'm ready. I'm excited. I can't wait for this baby to keep me up at night kicking away. I love it.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh that is so exciting!!! Do you think this one will be as active as Aidan?

Wendy said...

I loved that feeling, too. That is, until Jules would stick her butt up under my ribs and fall asleep there. That was not so fun. But it's worth it.

I'm so glad you said what you said about falling in love with Aidan. Because I loved Julianne immediately, but I was a bit too exhausted and in disbelief to really revel in her and fall in love with her for a little while. Glad to know someone else felt that way.