When you're bored, do you ever go to Google and "google" random people you used to know? I used to do it all the time without much in the way of results. I have only been succesful in tracking down a couple people. Anyway, the other day I was taking a trip down memory lane with myself and was thinking about the end of my dancing days in high school and I remembered a guy who barely registered a blip on my radar, that's how random he was. He was the boyfriend of a girl who was in my dance class when I danced at Dance Tech Studios and there was one dance competition where they did a duo. I missed it completely, but heard that it was one of the most amazing pieces of the competition. He didn't go to my school and didn't take class at my dance studio so I didn't see him again after that. Months later my high school's drama department and cheerleading squad were invited to extras in the oh-so popular movie "Drive Me Crazy" with what's her name... I seriously can't remember. The girl who played Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Anyway, I went because I was in drama and who would pass up an opportunity like that? Not me, that's for sure. We were extras in the big dance scene at the end. Halfway through the night, an extra dressed as a waiter taps me on the shoulder and says "Don't you teach for Dance Tech?" At the time I taught pre-ballet, which he wouldn't have known, but my ballet teacher and I looked somewhat similar so I think he thought I was her. But I answered "Yes" and you'll never guess who it was.... That guy from the competition! (Shocked, no? Since this whole story is about him.) So we started talking bewteen takes. (By then he had broken up with the girl I danced with.) He taught me some swing dancing and told me how he had taken up painting and had just gone through what he said was his "blue period", having just broken up with that girl not too long before that. He ended up abandoning his post as "waiter" during the last scene of the big dance and ended up being my "date". There's proof in the movie if I could just find us. At the end of the night he told me he went to this club for swing dancing every Thursday (amazing how I remember these details now) and I should go sometime. I never saw him again because I didn't have the guts. So, I googled him today. He has a pretty unusual name so I figured if I hit on anything it would be him and guess what? I did! And guess what? He's this really amazing painter now! So crazy! One of these days when he's famous and whatnot I'll be able to say "He taught me swing dancing once and told me how he'd just taken up painting." My claim to fame and he probably doesn't even remember me. Oh well.
I'm just glad Google finally worked for me. I always wonder about people I used to know. Glad to see at least one is doing something that is Google worthy.
3 comments:
I almost never find anyone on Google! I did find Sean Wing once, though. He was in some video on mining or something like that.
I've googled him too. He has actually been in a couple movies and was in a TV show for awhile called Beautiful People, I think. He's going to be in a new movie this summer, I think.
Ah, Sean Wing. All I can do is laugh to myself.
Post a Comment