Unbelievable also stands for the huge toy recall. We got hit. My sister gave Aidan a GeoTrax train set for his birthday and this morning I read in the paper (and upon further investigation online) that the train that came with it is being recalled because of the yellow lead paint on the ladder and horn. Nice. So now my son has this fabulous track but no train to ride on it. It irks me. It's one of his favorite toys and now it sits there, all abandoned like. We will be sending the toxic toy back and in about 10-12 weeks they will send us a "replacement part plus bonus piece(s)". I'm conflicted, though. Should I trash the whole thing and write off Mattel and Fisher Price? Yet my son loves it and I think it's a fun toy for him to have. The whole thing is unbelievable.
The offending toy. You see those two yellow horns on top? And you can almost make out the ladder on the bottom. Those are what the toxic parts. Unbelievable.
The track, which will now stand empty and alone. Unbelievable.
7 comments:
Ok, totally love your ABC list! What a great idea! I wish this one was for a baby too, sorry! That stage totally sucks! That sucks about the toys too, stupid toymaking people that don't pay attention to what they are putting on them!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have your little one soon!
Good luck with getting that baby out soon. Have you resorted to some of the old wives' tale ways of inducing labor? I remember when Jamie was pregnant with Kayli she was trying all sorts of crazy things- maybe she could give you some pointers.
Call us when she's here!
Thanks! I have not tried any old wives' tales, yet. Travis came home from work and said that one of the ladies he works with told him that the only sure fire way to induce labor is to sit on the edge of a counter and jump off holding a typewriter. I have to wonder if she actually tried that...
What??? First you'd have to find a typewriter. My theory now is that this little one is a considerate little thing and is waiting until her Daddy finishes this school term. She knows he'll have more time next week. So hang in there for a few more days.
Finding a typewriter would not be a problem. I have one down in the garage. It's an old antique Travis got my for my birthday three years ago. (I have a thing for typewriters.) It weighs about twenty pounds.
OK - Well if you really want to try out the typewriter theory, I guess the twenty pound antique will do. So when will the "jump" take place?
It won't. I'm too afraid I'd smash my toes or something.
Post a Comment