Friday, September 7, 2007

Visionary

V is for visionary. I am not a visionary, I'd like to be. They seem to be the movers and shakers. However, I use this word because of the fortune I got tonight. We had Chinese for dinner and this is what my fortune said: "Any troubles you may have will pass very shortly." Of course I take this to mean that the end of my pregnancy is nigh at hand. I realize that the likelihood of some old wizened Chinese person with a touch of the visionary writing this fortune is slim to none, but it's ringing true to me. Not to mention that this is the first time in a long time that a fortune I've gotten out of a fortune cookie actually was a fortune and not some silly piece of advice. So say what you will, I'm taking it at it's word.

V is also for voracious. We went to the park tonight to feed the ducks and walk a lap (hoping to kick start some healthy contractions). Those ducks are crazy. We had two pieces of bread and about thirty or forty ducks and geese came swarming out of the "lake" to fight over our meager offerings. Some even hissed!"Speak softly and carry a big stick." (Is that the quote?)

The goose that hissed at us. This is before all the rest of the water fowl swarmed us from all directions.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Actually that is a quote. I think it was Allen Burr or some such old Colonial guy. OR it could have been Teddy Roosevelt...take your pick.

Annie Get Your Camera said...

I know it's a quote and it's by Teddy Roosevelt. (I think.) I just wasn't sure if I had gotten it right.