Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bad Wife!

I am such a bum! Something really great and amazing happened to my husband last week and I didn't even mention it! I meant to, truly I did, but somehow time got away from me, as it usually does. Anyway, this is my awesome husband at his parents home. I took this photo almost four years ago. We had gotten engaged in May and the first time I met his parents was during this trip to Washington over the 4th of July. (Now that I think about it, I think I've posted this photo before. Oh well.)
Back then he was working for Sorensen Construction in Las Vegas, a job he hated and wasn't too kind to him, either. When Aidan was about a month and a half old, my hubby's boss sent him to Ely, Nevada for a job. He was supposed to be gone for a day or two but it ended up being about a week. One of the worst weeks of my life. I was stuck at home with a new baby I had no idea how to take care of and who would not stop crying and I was all alone. I know, woe is me, but the job was bad for all of us. At the time he didn't know what else to do as far as work went. He hadn't been to college and being a mechanic was all he knew. He had dreams of being an artist or a teacher, but both seemed unreachable. It wasn't until after we moved to Utah that Graphic Design became an option. It took him two years but he finally earned his degree. He's been looking for a new job since the end of last year, with nothing coming from it. But last week, something finally did. Friday is his last day at the Vault and on Monday he starts his new job at OC Tanner as a production artist! It's an entry level job, but they like to hire from within and they all seemed very impressed with his skills, so I'm sure he'll advance pretty quickly. We are so excited and SO relieved! He told me the other day that he finally has a career. It's not just a job, but a real life grown up career. I'm so proud of him. I'm so happy that he is doing something that he loves. And I'm glad he's a geek now and not a greasy mechanic. :) I'm sorry, hubby, for not posting about this sooner.  

I was going through some photos today and found this little gem.  It's my favorite one of him as a kid.  (Sorry babe!)  What a skinny little punk... :)

6 comments:

Motorcycle Grandma said...

I am excited for your husband too. He's worked hard over the past two years. Isn't it great to have an excellent pay off for that?

Umm...skinny little kid - maybe now you know why Aidan is such a skinny little kid. Like father, like son.

miriam said...

congratulations to your husband! isn't it so nice when they have a career and they like it?? or even just a career. . .

Alex and Ashleigh said...

Congrats you guys! That is very exciting!

Jamie said...

Ok, I was wondering when I would find you again....the address I had is the old one and wasn't working. Anyways, love all your pics.....your little girl is so cute and I LOVE those cheeks! Congrats to your hubby!

Wendy said...

Travis, that is FANTASTIC news! Congratulations! I bet it helps make that insane schedule you had for a couple of years worth it, huh? Annie, you must be so proud of him and excited! Good luck, you guys!

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Thanks everyone! (That comes from the hubster, too!)
We are very excited! Today is his LAST day at the vault! Woo-hoo!