Saturday, March 8, 2008

I Heart IKEA and Cookie Cutters

We went today.  Finally.  After more than a year of waiting and wanting and dreaming, we went.  It was heaven.  It was everything I expected and more.  Not only did they have great stuff (and LOTS of it), which all went on my list of things to buy, eventually, but I LOVED how family friendly it was.  After our first go through (yes, there was a second time) I had to change Emily's diaper.  They had a baby care room!  A room dedicated to baby care!  With a big comfy chair for feeding and free diapers in case you forgot!  And, according to the poster on the wall in the baby care room, baby food in their cafe in case you forgot that or ended up staying longer than you expected!  Also in their cafe, a bottle warming station!  All throughout the store there were little play stations for kids to entertain themselves while parents shopped.  I love, love, LOVE IKEA! 

Before IKEA, we went to Cookie Cutters to get Aidan's hair cut.  That place is genius.  Aidan got to sit in a plane and watch Backyardigans while he got a trim.  And there was a slide to play on, and after he got a balloon, a sucker and cookie cutter.  He squirmed a bit, but in the end he got a great cut and there wasn't any crying or screaming.  It was awesome. 

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Yes, IKEA rocks. It is the only thing I miss in Utah. (Note I said THING, which does not include people.)

Okay, when I was in hair school 7 years ago, I totally had the idea for a kids' haircutting place with cartoon-playing TVs at each station and cool chairs that were shaped like horses and cars and, yes, airplanes. And candy. Should have followed through, huh? I also had the idea for one for the tween set (though they were not called such at the time). Better find an investor for that one fast, huh? Man, I hate when i have an idea and someone beats me to it. "All my friends laughed at my pot that cooks and drains pasta. If I had a patent, I'd be rich!" (you've seen that commercial, right?)

Motorcycle Grandma said...

I can't wait to see Aidan's new stylin' look.

Alex and Ashleigh said...

My boys love Cookie Cutters too. They think it is so fun!