B is for birthday, belly, Buie's Buoy and blessings. Today is my son's 2nd birthday! He's two! That is hard to believe. I remember like it was just yesterday seeing that little teeny tiny face for the first time, my arms strapped to the operating table while they sewed me back up. And now he's in his crib, singing "Happy Birthday" to himself and talking about juice boxes, trying to fall asleep. It's amazing.
My belly is huge. At least it feels that way, since everyone keeps telling me how small I am. Yeah, tell that to my back and my maternity clothes that don't fit anymore. Six more weeks. If I can just hang in there...
I was thinking today about "B" things and Buie's Buoy popped into my head. Buie's Buoy (an ingenious name, no doubt) was the houseboat in Lake Powell that belonged to my Grandpa Buie and briefly belonged to my dad. It was the epicenter of summer fun when I as a kid. If I could go anywhere in the world right now, that would be it. Oh to be back on Buie's Buoy with it's light blue and mauve stripes (my Grandma's choice), it's engines that only worked when they wanted to, the wood paneling on the walls, the double fridges, and the cooler on the front deck! To spend the day in a swimsuit (not caring what I looked like), lazing about, playing games, getting a tan! That was heaven, right there. I don't think anything will ever beat it.
Through out my entire life I have been abundantly blessed. I say it all the time, but that fact never changes, and I would be remiss today if I didn't reiterate it. My Father in Heaven loves me and he shows me all the time. I am grateful.
1 comment:
Oh, Buie's Buoy. Some great summer memories were had on that boat. Good times!
Post a Comment