Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cake and Couch Potato

C is for cake and couch potato. We are celebrating Aidan's second birthday on Sunday, but I wanted him to kind of know that yesterday was a special day for him, so we bought him one of those mini-cakes they have at the Smith's bakery. We sang Happy Birthday to him and he blew out his own candles, which seemed to surprise and disappoint him at the same time. He kind of looked like he thought he was going to get in trouble for it! It was pretty funny. He's such a neat-freak these days that he didn't dive into it with his hands but wanted a fork! Such a cute kid. My hubby took these pictures of Aidan enjoying his cake. I can't believe how old Aidan looks! Such concentration!
This is the neat freak in him thinking "Get it off! Please get it off!"

I am a couch potato. Nothing has quite the same pull on me as the beckoning of a couch. Except maybe chocolate cake. I'm not really proud of the fact that I'm a couch potato and am therefore turning my child into a couch potato. I'd love to be one of those active, outdoorsy types, even someone with a decent time filling hobby. I have a few hobbies (this being one of them), but I lack the motivation to adequately pursue them. Remember my excitement over Project Linus and making blankies for babies? Yeah, I haven't made a single one. I haven't even finished the one I am making for my baby. So many things that I would like to do, but don't. I always tell myself that once I start feeling better (from whatever it is that is making not feel well) I will start doing things. But the old saying holds true, "There's no time like the present!" If I'm not going to start today, then I'm probably not going to start. How sad.

Oh, and of course, "C is for cookie! That's good enough for me!"

3 comments:

Motorcycle Grandma said...

Believe it or not, this kid is Mr. Fastidious! Not a smudge or smear goes unnoticed by him. Reminds me of his Uncle Rooster who could stay spotlessly clean while his best buddy was up to his eyeballs in mud and they were both playing in the same mud puddle.

Wendy said...

He looks so uncomfortable with that frosting on his nose. Not unlike Monk. (Have you seen that show?)

Annie Get Your Camera said...

I have not seen Monk, but every time I see a commercial for it I really want to.