Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Fashion
F is for fashion. I love fashion, although you'd probably laugh me to shame if you have ever seen the way I dress or ever had the chance to peek into my pitiful closet. I love pretty clothes and fabulous hair. I love feeling like I am completely 100% put together. That rarely happens. My husband, bless his heart, doesn't get it. Whilst watching an episode of "What Not To Wear" (someone nominate me, please!) he exclaimed disbelief after the participant professed that it had been a life changing experience for her. I tried to explain to him that clothes have a profound impact on the way a girl feels about herself and her ability to move confidently and comfortably through this world. He replied by saying, "But it's just clothes!" Ah, but is it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love pretty clothes too. I agree that fashion can and does change how you feel about yourself. Especially a pair of really great shoes. that can change everything!
I had a dream the other night I was on "What Not to Wear". I was kind of annoyed but secretly really excited that Damien had contacted them.
In real life, I'm always trying to come up with clever ways I could get on the show without being labeled a fashion disaster. When I was pregnant, I was going to send them a video about the horrendousness of maternity clothes, and how it's really bad when you need to be modest. Of course, I didn't do it, and then a few months later, what did they have? "What Not To Wear: Baby on Board". ARGH!
My clever way of getting on that show is to tell them that I will be their most challenging subject ever. Short legs, long torso, broad shoulders, sizable booty, small waist, and to top it all off, it must all be modest. Good luck to them!
No, nominate ME! ME! I AM an honest to goodnes fashion diseaster. Seriously, the hours and hours of horrendous secret footage they could get!!!!
Post a Comment