I took Aidan to get his first professional haircut today. Up until today he'd had the homegrown kind of haircut, the slap a bowl on his head and trim off the excess kind. Okay, not quite that homegrown, but certainly not done by someone who knows what they're doing really. We buzzed his hair, if you'll remember, at the beginning of the summer and it had grown out to the point where he was looking pretty shabby, and since we want to see what kind of gumption his hair has, I thought we'd get it set off on the right foot. So my mom and I took him to Dollar Cuts with a pretty bad case of bedhead, his hair sticking out every which way it could. At first he was terrified sitting in the chair and, for some reason, especially lost it when our stylist, Kristen, brought out the cape. He calmed down after my mom got in the chair with him, as I have no lap to speak of at the moment. After that he was a right good customer and even said "Thank you" afterwards without me even having to prompt him. So polite, he is. As a reward, he got lunch at McDonalds. Here are some pictures of the event and of him last night riding his "motorcycle" wearing his "helmet".






2 comments:
Such a little BOY! And can I just say, I love that the hairdresser's picture of Jessica Simpson made it into the picture. At first I didn't realize it was a picture on her mirror, and I was like, "Why did Annie put a picture of Jessica Simpson in the corner of that photograph?" Haha, dumb me.
It was actually a stand up thingy advertising clip on hair extensions on the front desk. I found it humorous as well, although my mom took that picture, not me. :)
Post a Comment