Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Mommyhood
M is for mommyhood, of course. I am a mommy and am so happy about that. No, really, I am. Those of you who have been around me for the past couple of months (maybe even the past eight) would probably disagree. My little brother, Patrick, told me I was "intense" yesterday at dinner as I was trying to control my unruly two year old. Intense. Yes, that sounds about right for yesterday. Anyway, I love mommyhood. I have grown up so much in the past two years and I feel like I'm starting to shed some of the feeling that I'm still sixteen. It's a pretty awesome feeling. Mommyhood suits me, I think. Nothing else had forced me to push myself in the right directions quite like it. Plus, Aidan is really such a joy. So smart, so funny, so sweet. He amazes me when I take the time to pay attention. I'm excited for Emily and for how she will make me evolve. Being a mommy is the best. There's nothing like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mommyhood is the best. And the hardest. And the craziest. And the most rewarding. And the most draining. And the best.
You're a wonderful Mommy. It's been fun to watch your "mommyhood" develop over the past 2 years. Can't wait for Emily to get here!
Post a Comment