Monday, August 20, 2007

Expectations

E is for expectations, for lack of a better choice. My cute boy had his second birthday party yesterday and I spent the better part of Saturday and Sunday creating the most excellent cake a two year old has ever seen, at least as far as my cake decorating abilities are concerned. It exceeded even my own expectations and I knew I had succeeded when my two year old excitedly exclaimed "Monkey cake!" when he saw it. I was pretty proud of myself. I even made the frosting from scratch. Pretty ambitious, on my part. It was all worth it because it was delicious and I already have requests for cakes in the future... Here is proof of my efforts. It was the best tasting monkey I've ever had.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That cake is uber-impressive. I had big ideas about doing a fancy cake for Jules, too, (a monkey cake in fact because we call her monkey sometimes) but as you know, I went with the store-bought cupcakes. You have big respect from me for doing that at all, let alone 9 months pregnant. I want to know your secrets!

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Mmmm... those cupcakes were so good! I was going to do a cupcake cake (a la Jules' and the watermelon one we had at 4th of July) but it just didn't work out. My secret is a maddening desire to be an uber mommy of the Martha Stewart persuasion. I did pay for it, though. Sunday was spent in varying stages of exhaustion and achy joints. Regardless, it was worth it.

Sue said...

That cake is AWESOME. WOW!