Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Hair

So, here's my new hair!  (Man I sure look pasty in this photo...  I'll blame it on the flash, totally washes everything out.)  A few notes:  You can't tell in this photo, but the one side is longer than the other, but that was intentional.  It better have been intentional because I didn't sit in that stinkin' chair for an hour and a half for it not to be intentional.  Frank, my hair guy, said it gave my hair good "swing".  Speaking of Frank, I found out something totally random and I only bring it up because those of you who went to high school with me will be slightly amused.  I was telling him I was in school for photography and he told me he used to be a photographer (something I already knew).  He just "happened" to have his portfolio there, which he let me look at.  He was telling me how he used to live on this street by a park here in Salt Lake called Memory Grove and how that used to be his spot to do photo shoots, no one ever used it.  Now it is totally overrun with bridal shoots and engagement shoots and family portraits, etc.  Anyway, he told me how he would do photo shoots for aspiring models, and he'd do their hair and makeup.  Well, when I was about 15 or 16 I had a friend named Bennett Cousins.  She was tall, blonde and everything a model should be.  She was into theater and was trying to go into modeling, so she had a photo shoot (can you see where this is going?) in Salt Lake.  I went with her in hopes of being able to watch because I, too, wanted to be a model but was also fascinated by the photography part.  But, the mean jerk guy said we couldn't stay.  And.... you guessed it, that mean jerk guy was my Frank!  Wow, that was a really long unnecessary  explanation, but crazy small world, huh?

So, there you have it.  More than you ever wanted to know.

7 comments:

Jocie said...

Nice Hair! I think it makes you look sleek and sophisticated. And I love Bennett. She was a crazy girl. I wonder what happened to her?

Annie said...

Love it! Awesome haircut Annie!

The Funky Bunch said...

Love the hair! Looks way cute. Isn't it nice to be brave once in a while and do something new??? It's a breath of fresh air!! Wow, Bennett, haven't heard about her in forever! You keep in touch with her??

Holly said...

VERY CUTE CUT!!!! Fun & clean. It suits you!

Wendy said...

I think the cut makes you look more like a grown-up. Definitely a respectable, "I'm a woman, not a little girl" haircut. So, yeah, it's beautiful.

(P.S. Just blame the pastiness on all that Northern European ancestry. That's what I do.)

Sue said...

It's really cute. Makes me want a haircut, actually. :>

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Thanks everyone! I love it too, and it turns out it's not that hard to do!

Mylee: I don't keep in touch with Bennett. I haven't seen her since graduation... I wonder what she's up to, as well!