It's been a good day, considering (more on that in a bit). The hubster stayed home from work today. He brought me breakfast in bed, his famous homemade french toast. I got some lovely and thoughtful gifts. And he sent me off to get my haircut, which, perhaps, isn't so exciting, but just take into account that I only get my haircut if it's a special occasion, like my birthday. Or Mother's Day. Or Christmas. And today I was ready for a change. I've had looong hair for a few years now. I've loved it. Whenever I got around to doing it I always felt gorgeous and sexy and glamorous. I seriously associate my feelings of my personal beauty with my hair (please tell me you get that!), but, it was time for a change. So I told Frank to chop away. I think he cut off probably 10 inches. And I told him I wanted bangs, something I haven't had since I was in junior high, I think. And I love it. It's short and sassy and just the change I needed. I had the hubster take a picture of me because I know I won't be able to get my hair to look as good as Frank does (at least not until after much practice), but blogger is being a booger right now and won't let me upload it, so you'll have to wait to see it. It is fabulous, though. When I came in the door the hubster literally gasped and said "Wow!" with a huge grin on his face! It was perfect!
We were going to go to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and then go see "The Dark Knight", but as we were driving to my parents' (where Aidan would be spending the night) The Hubster started getting pains in his back and side, which resulted in us spending four hours in the ER for kidney stones. Awesome. I felt so bad for him. I had major sympathy pains for him. I couldn't help but think to myself that I could never hold the "I went through labor!" card over him because he was in MAJOR pain, so much so that I think it might have been worse than my worst contractions and those were no picnic. But they drugged him up, took a CT scan and told him it was almost out, so at 8:00 we left the ER, picked up Emily from my parents and went home. I'm not really bummed about ending up in the ER. I was able to catch up on my Mary Kate Olsen news and check out the latest fashions on the runway. Did you know super hero chic is in? Pretty awesome. Speaking of super heros, do you know who Word Girl is? I'm totally going to be her for Halloween and The Hubster is going to be Captain Huggypants! Ha ha!! Word up!! Ah, but I digress.
It's late. We're tired. Here's to year 28. May it be as wonderful as year 27, because that was pretty good.
6 comments:
Happy Birthday! Kidney stones are awful I know that for a fact add in some labor and I have had it all! Anyway, I hope you get your night out soon! Batman is awesome!
Oh NO! I'm so sorry, what a rotten way to spend your birthday. Happy Birthday, by the way.
Word Girl - you'll be my kids hero ;>
I totally know what you mean about your hair. I have recently had a hair mishap, but it is getting better. There were two days of complete misery however. Josh kept telling me he thought I was pretty, but that was not the point! It was supposed to make ME FEEL pretty. anyway happy birthday and check out my blog for the whole story.
Love you new haircut. Sorry about your birthday being celebrated in the ER with hubby.
Since I've had a kidney stone and 5 natural labors, I'll take natural labor any day. I've never experienced such awful pain as a kidney stone.
Hope you had a good birthday!!! Sounds like it was quite adventurous and one you'll never forget. About the kidney stones, I heard that if I guy has those, he'll understand what a woman goes through when she's in labor. I guess it's the guys version of the pain!! Lucky hubby!!
Happy birthday! Hope you get your night out soon, and I hope your hubs is feeling better.
Post a Comment