Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mortified

At the wedding I shot about three weeks ago, I was totally up in the faces of everyone during the ceremony, the bride, the groom, the officiant. I mean, I had to! I didn't have a zoom lens with me and would not have been able to get any decent shots if I didn't. I wondered at the time if that was inappropriate and realized that I was probably incredibly distracting, yet, I pressed on. They had paid me to do a job and I was going to do it. As I was checking out my flickr groups today I noticed not one but TWO posts in my Starting a Wedding Photography Business group with links to two separate you tube videos of photographers doing exactly what I was doing. The titles of these posts were "Please tell me this isn't you..." and "How NOT to shoot a wedding".

Simply put, I am mortified. And I'm freaking out that the video from the wedding I shot is going to end up on you tube!! Lesson learned, for sure, but I really wish those had been posted three weeks ago! Guess I better save up for a better zoom lens!


In happier news, I shot a wedding last night with Ashleigh and it was so much fun! I haven't started editing yet, but when I do I'll post some here and on my photoblog.

2 comments:

Motorcycle Grandma said...

Learn from your mistake and sin no more. :)

Sue said...

Aw, I hate moments like that. And I've had more than a few of them. More like fifty. Or so.