Friday, July 11, 2008

Where is your sense, woman?!

I almost did the unthinkable today while shopping at the Walmart.  I almost (I can't believe I'm saying this) bought Aidan a "Cars" t-shirt.  I almost couldn't help myself as I saw them hanging there all colorful and (gag) cute.  I can't explain my thought process except to say that it would have put Aidan over the moon to be wearing a t-shirt with Liming NaQueen on it and that would have made me happy.  I quickly shook the sense back into my head, but almost as soon as I did I saw "Wall-E" t-shirts and the same blasted thought came into my head!  What is wrong with me!?!  I stand firm in my belief that characters on clothing are, at the very least, visually displeasing and have no explanation for my momentary lack of sense, but I quickly repented and picked up a red striped shirt with nary a cartoon character on it and satisfied Aidan's "Cars" obsession by buying him a new puzzle, which he promptly put together all by himself once we got home.  

In other news, I FINALLY finished editing the photos from the wedding I did back in June.  Visit my photoblog if you'd like to see some of my faves.

5 comments:

Motorcycle Grandma said...

Oh, thank you for coming to your senses!

Alex and Ashleigh said...

I hear ya sista! I feel that same way and about character shoes too! They are just plain ugly! Good for you for not giving in getting a much better prize, a nice quiet puzzle! :)

Wendy said...

Yes, they are tacky and ugly, but they make kids SO happy! It goes against every aesthetic sensibility I have, but my midget owns a pair of Dora shoes (crocs no less- UGH)and she absolutely adores them. And I figure, eh, she's 2. As long as she's stopped wearing character stuff by junior high, no harm, no foul.

But if you can keep on holding out, more power to you.

Annie Get Your Camera said...

I'm holding out as long as I can!! I can feel my defenses weakening, though... I keep thinking about how happy it would make him!! Aaaaahh!! Someone stop me!

The Funky Bunch said...

That is so funny. I am the same way. Brandon and Ashlee ALWAYS want the shoes that light up or have characters on them and I always tell them no. They ask why and I tell them because they're dumb. I hate them. I'm glad I'm not the only mom out there that doesn't like all the character stuff!