and a pig,
and a cow,
and a sheep,

E-I-E-I-O!!
I almost had this finished for Christmas. I was sewing like a mad woman, but in my frenzy, I forgot to put the elastics in that were supposed to hook on to buttons to hold the sides up when in it's barn form and it was impossible to get them in once all the sides were sewn together. I attempted to put snaps in with the idea that I'd make tabs that snapped, but after putting two snaps in, two layers of felt and interfacing were too much for the plastic tool that came with the snaps. So it sat in a box on my dresser until last Sunday when I felt we were in need of a new Church toy and I grabbed the animals and farmer. After church I got out the barn as well. Believe it or not, they don't play much with it anymore. Oh well. I had fun making it. At least the animals. The barn was troublesome. I think I'll either start on the 3 Little Pigs next or one of the quiet books.
Oh, this is a Bugga Bugs pattern. Click on her link on the right if you want to check out her stuff.






5 comments:
That is totally awesome! I can't believe you made it! Actually, I can believe it cause you are totally awesome too. Can't wait to see your next project!
Are you kidding me?! That is so cute and I'm very impressed. Your kids are so lucky you can sew. Extra mommy points for you.
Give it some time, they'll get around to playing with it.
I also find that as much as I want things to be surprises, they get more love if the kids have watched me working. Suspense is a powerful tool.
Good job. These are things that maybe you don't want the kids to play with all the time. Bring them out when they seem bored, or just keep them for church.
Those are so cute! You are one talented lady!
Post a Comment