Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sleepless in Salt Lake

This has not been my week for sleeping.  Wednesday morning I called my mom to see if she could take my kids before I killed them.  I was tired.  Dead tired.  I couldn't fall asleep the night before until after 1:00 am and my kids got up around 6:30.  Last night it was probably almost midnight.  I was woken up this morning by my kids feeling like I had slept twenty minutes.  I have had 3 Dr. Peppers in the last three days simply to stay awake, which meant I was feeling desperate because I'm not all that fond of the DP.  Tonight is turning into a repeat.

I have a box of unopened sleep aid, but I'm wary of taking them because who knows how it will affect me?  Nyquil gives me nightmares, so I'm not all that excited to find out what a sleep aid would do.

I blame work.  I had no problems sleeping during the two weeks I had off for Christmas.  But now I'm back at it and my head is swimming with all the things work.

Anyway.  Since I can't sleep, I decided to check in on the blogs I lurk around.  You all know Pioneer Woman is a fave.  She's doing an amazing giveaway on her blog right now.  For every person who enters, she donates $.10 to charity to help Haiti.  She'll pick two "winners" at random and donate $500 to charities of their choice.  There are more than 26,000 entries already.  So, head on over there, leave a comment and help out.  Pretty easy.

No comments: