The hubs and I decided that we were going to renew our vows. (Real life hubs asked: "In the temple?" Real life me: "No. Some church.") I was trying to get ready but nothing was going right.
Among running behind schedule and not having the right make up or hair accessories, there was a girl from the Dr. Phil show in my room, a delinquent of sorts. She was ranting and raving and I'd had enough so I tackle her to the floor and scream at her:
"You are SELFISH! And ANNOYING! And SELF-CENTERED! NO BODY CARES! SHUT UP! This is MY DAY! GET OUT OF HERE!"
I may, or may not, have issues.
Needless to say she left. I count to 10, go back to trying to figure out what to do with myself when there's a knock at the door and mother, sister and younger brother are there. My mother says:
"We've figured out what's wrong with you." She holds up a metal circle the size of a small bracelet with a round bead in the middle. "Poor circulation. Hook this onto your eyebrows and you'll start feeling better."
Before I can vocalize my exasperated doubtfulness, Dr. Phil storms in with a disk in his hand and says:
"Okay, let's talk about where you went wrong." To which I reply,
"Oh, I know where I went wrong. I knocked her to the ground and yelled in her face and I DON'T CARE! Everyone GET OUT!"
I'm only left in peace for maybe two seconds when a group of girls come in and tell me "It's Time". They usher me through a church and, spying my reflection in a mirror wearing a frumpy maid outfit complete with lacy hair piece, I begin to protest
"This isn't right! This isn't right!"
We make it to a dressing room and I discover that I am wearing a wedding dress under the maid get up, which I quickly doff, and though I had forgotten my wedding jewelry at home, there was a box with a few pieces I could pick from.
From my dressing room, I can see where the hubs and his groomsmen are waiting to enter the church and I hear one of them say,
"So, are we dancing down the aisle?" I respond loudly,
"NO WAY!"
They dutifully march down the aisle and the last thing I see before my dream ends is my husband looking at me as if he was saying "Are you sure about this?"
***
I know I've said it before, but I do love my dreams. I mean, the night before last, I dreamt that the entire nation unanimously voted me president even though I hadn't campaigned. Pretty sweet.
5 comments:
hahaha. ive had crazy dreams this week too! In one I had to drown to enter this other world and they had this room that made the best french toast ive ever tasted. it was weird. haha.
Thanks for a much needed laugh to your EXCELLENT dream. We are two peas in a pod, only last night I dreamed thatI was supposed to marry a king, but while he was missing in action I married Josh and then they found the missing king, so I was supposed to divorce Josh and marry this ugly old hairy guy with no shoulders. I was very distraught. Anyhow, I love your crazy dreams, keep sharing!
There's got to be some hidden meaning in all this....crazy dream.
I'm sure there is. I'm fairly certain that the girl I'm yelling at in the beginning is myself.
I'm just surprised how much you remember from your dreams!! I just know I've had lots of dreams when I wake up and feel like I never slept. You're so silly!?!
Post a Comment