Monday, November 12, 2007

Ballerina Girl

Every once in awhile something reminds me that I used to be a dancer and then I yearn to do it again. There's a new ballet studio near my house that I drive by pretty regularly. I've been to their website. They offer adult ballet classes. I want. I miss it so much. I wonder if I could actually do it now. I took one class in Vegas before I was pregnant with Aidan, so that was like, what? Three years ago? It was so fun, but my body ached so badly afterwards and all the steps that used to be so familiar felt so foreign to my body. It was a beginning ballet class and the teacher was confused as to why I was there. I told her my body needed to remember how to dance because it had been so long. I wonder that now if my body would remember how to. Aidan and I sometimes put on some music (our favorites are "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen and "Little More Satisfaction" by Elvis but the new version) and shake our groove thangs and I think to myself that I could probably get back into the swing of things. Maybe. I sure do run out of breath pretty quickly these days. Anyway, I've just really been missing it, lately. I wish I had pursued it more and been more serious about it. I never would have made it to the big time. My legs aren't long enough and I have flat feet, but I was pretty good. It would have been nice to know how far I could have gone.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Amazing isn't it? Getting old starts in your twenties! Ack!