Saturday, November 10, 2007
The Depressing Office
I love "The Office". It's probably my favorite show right now. I love it so much that even though I'm supposed to wait and watch the episodes with my husband (he has school Thursday nights), which I'm supposed to dutifully record, I watch it anyway. I can't help myself. But I have a bone to pick about this season: it's not funny! What was the whole episode where it seems like everyone broke up?! And then last week where Michael went to the forest? So lame. And the Finer Things Club?! Barf! And I have to say it, it was so much better when Pam and Jim were NOT an couple. It was so much more fun to watch them pretend to not like each other. Sure, it hasn't been all bad. Watching Dwight compete with the computer for sales was hilarious. And the marathon in the season premiere, that was good stuff. I laughed my butt off telling my hubby about that one. Oh, and why are Pam and Angela all the sudden hot? So dumb. So here's to hoping that once the writers come off their strike they'll have better fodder for us to watch because this season is absolutely lacking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Come one Annie... the one thing we both agreed on and now this... it's still so funny, but as all shows it has to pick a direction and go there... think of all the seasons to come after Pam and Jim break up only to wait for years to get back together!!!
No way. Sorry, but I totally disagree. The forest episode was hilarious. Watch a few episodes of Man vs. Wild and suddenly it will all make sense. The Finer Things Club? The "exclusive" club that Andy has to be in? Toby wearing a bow tie? Jim's not allowed in? And then the whole sabotage mission in Utica? Awesome. And they have to develop the story lines, so sometimes there are less funny episodes. Go back and watch the other seasons, there are episodes like that. They have to develop other story lines now that Pam & Jim are together. But the show is still funny. Really funny. So, sorry, but I heartily disagree.
Opine as you will, my dear Stepicks, but this season is still not fun for me. Even Travis agrees, and as Damien says, Travis IS funny. I watched the entire third season (we purchased it) before this one started and there were maybe two I found less funny (yet still funnier than this season's episodes) than the rest. I have watched Man vs. Wild, which is probably why I didn't like the forest episode. And I'm actually surprised that Toby doesn't wear a bow tie all the time. He strikes me as a bow tie wearer. But I digress. We will have to disagree.
PS: I'm keeping my comment moderation enabled. I like it.
I love this season.
Every one else is right and you are wrong.
But I still want to be friends.
Lucky for you friendship standings are not affected by ones opinions of television programs.
EVA ROCKS... I have no idea who Eva is, but she ROCKS!!!!
Yes she does.
I'm with Annie. It's not quite as good this year, IMHO. It's still good, still better than most, but I think the timing has been off. The hour long episodes always throw it off. They need to stick to the half hour.
Also, I would contend that the hour-long format used at the beginning of the season is not the optimal format for "The Office". It is best as a half-hour comedy. Perhaps that has contributed to your feelings of lackluster offerings from said show.
Yay, EVA!! Whoever you are...
well... with the writers striking I don't think we need to worry about any formats for a while;)
hi. i'm your sister-in-law's friend and i love your photography so i sometimes pop in to your blog to take notes on how good you are (i think that makes me a fan. so congratulations to you!).
i totally agree about the office. one hundred percent. and i feel guilty about feeling that way. thank you for putting words to my feelings.
Thank you Sue and Miriam. Now I don't feel so beat up on. ;)
I must clarify that I still love the office and, as I said, watch it religiously regardless of it's funny quotient. I have faith it will get better.
i still watch it and love it also. but unlike annie, i have very littel faith in it's returning. i think it's on it's downward slope.
Post a Comment