Today is my mom's birthday. Right now she is doing some much deserved pampering at my favorite spa (Sorelle) in Sugar House. (Color me jealous.) She's getting the works, a massage, a sugar scrub, a facial, etc. She should come back glowing like an angel and, hopefully, de-stressed. So I thought I'd take a minute to say thanks to my mom for everything she's done for me and my family, especially in the past two years. When my husband, my two month old son and I moved into my parents home we were only supposed to be there for six months at the absolute max, but here we are two years and another baby later. We have imposed on their space, their privacy, their financial means and their sanity like nobodies business. We've had ups and downs, to be sure, but throughout it all my mom has always been there to help us out. She has fed us, clothed us, and sheltered us. She has saved me on countless occasions when this baby or that baby had me at my wits end. She has babysat while I worked and on Tuesday nights while I was at Young Womens. When Aidan was a baby she would sometimes take care of him in the morning while I slept just a little bit longer. This last week she stayed up with Aidan as he wailed from ear infection pain.
There really isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about how grateful I am to my mom for all she does. I don't tell her near enough. I would not have made it through these past two years very well without her help. So, Happy Birthday Mom. I love you tons. I appreciate you more than I'll ever be able to express. Hope you had a great day.
2 comments:
OK, not fair to make me cry on my birthday.
Mission accomplished, then. :)
Post a Comment