Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Shoot 'Em Up
My babies got shots today. That's right, both of them. It was icing on the cake of an already pleasant day. My toddler decided to get up at 6:30 am and demand that we go downstairs. I distracted him by letting him watch PBS in my room so I could catch some more Zs with my newbie in my arms. (That made the toddler way happy, let me tell you. Me having the newbie in my arms, I mean.) We finally got our butts out of bed an hour later. The kid who so adamantly demanded at the top of his lungs that we go downstairs just one hour earlier now fought me to go downstairs. He wanted me to fix his monster truck. (Literally a monster truck, as in Sully from Monsters, Inc. turned into a truck.) However I couldn't as my arms were full of a screaming baby who wanted to eat five minutes ago. Oh, and my bladder was full. So I left him at the top of the stairs within five feet of the computer and seven feet of my little brother's bedroom which is full of expensive musical instruments. The rest of the morning was pretty much like that; me wanting him to do something and him absolutely, positively not wanting to do it. I told my mom at one point that I was going to totally lose it with him and I was thisclose to spanking him, which is saying something because I hate spanking. It makes no sense to me and I can still remember the feelings of humiliation and embarrassment I had after being spanked as a kid. But that's how fed up I was. Anyway, we had doctor's appointments this afternoon, two month check up for the babe (which meant shots) and a dry skin patch check for the boy (turned out to probably be eczema). He didn't need shots but while we were there I had them give him a flu shot. Lots of screaming and crying ensued. Surprisingly, everything started to look up after that. It was like the flu shot also included a dose of attitude adjustment. Scientists should be working on that: a shot for attitude adjustments. I'd stock pile them. For myself, mostly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment