This is an old post. I wrote it at the beginning of August after seeing this movie but I guess I was too afraid to post it. Didn't want to stir the pot. After re-reading it I'm glad I saved it for some other time, like today, when I wouldn't have the time or desire to write something. I warn you I may or may not get on a spiritual soap box here. Just a warning. Read on if you wish.
The whole experience has made me take another look at my ongoing spiritual assessment. Why do I let things like this in my life when it is so OBVIOUSLY not in line with what I believe in my heart and doesn't help me in any way achieve that level of spirituality I so desperately want to achieve? Why is it so hard to walk out of a movie that, however entertaining, is clearly not appropriate? Why do I, season after season, tune in to watch my favorite TV shows that should really have no place in my home and that do not invite the Spirit that I want so desperately to dwell here?
And why don't we, as members of the LDS Church, live up to those standards we profess and those covenants we have made? I had the thought, as we were driving home from the movie, that if we had any plans to go to the temple any time soon (which we don't) I'd have to put them off because after watching what I had just seen, I didn't feel worthy to enter that sacred place at all.
Hm... and it appears I didn't finish it either.
No comments:
Post a Comment