I photographed my first newborn session today. It went pretty well, I think, considering the light was not ideal. But I had an unexpected reaction to the newbie. Holding her, watching her fall asleep, it all made me baby hungry. Good grief, that's the last thing I need right now is another newbie around here and the plan is that Emily will be two before we even think about it again, but babies, especially new ones, have some kind of magical power, don't they? You put one in your arms and even if you've sworn off babies you are overcome with an overwhelming desire to have one for your very own. Here, I'll show you what I mean:


Okay, it's not the same as actually holding one in your arms, sure, but look at that face!! How could you not want one?! And baby toes! Such cuteness!

Anyway, I had to share because I was nervous I couldn't pull it off and it turns out I'm fairly pleased with my first attempt. These are just quick edits that I just did. Her mother hasn't even seen them, don't you feel lucky?
2 comments:
Beautiful pictures. Good job.
Those photos are great. and I know what you mean about holding babies. My friend has the most adorable two-month-old baby and sometimes I hold her during Sunday School because my friend is in nursery and her husband teaches SS- and it makes me baby hungry, but at the same time it gives me a baby fix. Powerful, those little are.
Post a Comment