When The Hubster worked for the LDS Church we had awesome insurance. No deductible, $15 dollar copays, we paid 20% on everything else, well child visits and well women visits were covered. It seemed like pretty much everything was covered and our cost was minimal. I never had any compunction about whether or not we should take anyone to the doctor, even for the slightest thing if I had a question. Even trips to the emergency room or Aidan's trip to Primary Children's Hospital weren't that bad.
We have new insurance now and it's not so good. The kids had their check ups last month and we just got the bill. More than $100 for that! And the bills for The Hubster's kidney stone are still showing up. It's so frustrating. No wonder people don't go to the doctor as often as they should. How do we afford it?
I'm annoyed. And that's all I've got. Sorry.
2 comments:
Yup. We don't have insurance, so doctor visits are limited to only when absolutely necessary. On one hand, I think it's good that we've learned not go in for every ache and pain because that sort of stuff drives up insurance costs for everyone (we're hoping to have it again someday soon), but on the other hand, it's hard not to be able to go in when you have some questions and concerns you want to address. I feel for ya.
I know how you are feeling, we have been face with monumental hospital expenses this year while my husband is facing Cancer, Renal Failure, Dialysis, and we are being nickel & dimed to death. It'll all work out, just keep paying tithing.
And I would still like to view your blog, a friendly LDS sister.
Post a Comment