Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Stop Snowing, Please!

It's snowing, and snowing pretty good, I might add.  I do not  like the snow.  Okay, let me clarify, I do not like driving in the snow.  It terrifies me.  I have, on too many occasions to count, been either the driver or passenger of a car that was trying to make it through white out conditions, including the Thanksgiving blizzard of 2004 that shut I-15 down leaving hundreds of motorists stranded.  In my early twenties (so sad that I can say that now) I ran into a snow plow because the roads were so slick and slushy from the snowfall the night before.  And I don't care who you are or what your driving ability is, snow makes everyone a horrible driver.  

I had hope this morning when the snow wasn't sticking to the sidewalk outside, but for the past two or three hours it has made the sidewalk indiscernible from the grass.  I have to go to work tonight.  I have to drive uphill (and then back downhill) in my little Hyundai Accent.  I am not excited.  I am terrified.  I have visions of hitting a patch of ice, being unable to stop myself as I careen in to the automobile stopped in front of me.  Or being unable to get my little car to make it up the hill (which would be more embarrassing than anything).  Oh, how I don't want to go to work tonight!!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I know! Wednesday is my grocery shopping day, and here it is almost 3 p.m. and I haven't gone anywhere yet because I don't feel like getting reaquainted with driving in the snow on this particular day. It's going to be a long winter.

Alex and Ashleigh said...

Good Luck! I hate the snow, all of it! It makes me sad!

Motorcycle Grandma said...

Even with all my years of driving in Park City snow, I would still rather not do it.

Annie said...

I hated driving up the hill when I worked at the studio too. I had one particularly bad incident where the moms at the studio convinced me to take the back roads rather than the main roads because there would be less cars. Of course that also meant the snowplows had not yet visited. And I slid down the hill with my feet on the breaks and ended up spinning and facing uphill. Rather than try to turn around and go downhill I went uphill back to the studio and it was fine. Then I called my parents and they came and rescued me in the 4WD vehicle. It still gives me nightmares. And now that I live on a STEEP hill I'm contemplating finding a job I can do from home so I never have to leave the house in the snow.

Wendy said...

Did you get there and back without incident?

Annie Get Your Camera said...

Yep, I did, thank goodness!