Monday, November 9, 2009

Finally moving on. Now with PICTURES!

I'd like to take a minute to say farewell to my old winter coat.
w091109newcoat_0025
Farewell, loose buttons.
w091109newcoat_0008
Farewell, frayed tag.
w091109newcoat_0003
Farewell, worn elbows.
w091109newcoat_0011
Farewell, torn pocket.
w091109newcoat_0013
You have served well.  You have served long.  But it is time to say a final good bye.
You have been replaced.
w091109newcoat_0054
Hello, pretty.
w091109newcoat_0045
w091109newcoat_0047
w091109newcoat_0040
(I found her at Target.  $35.  There was a purple one, but I went with black because she will be my only coat and I needed her to be versatile.  But, the lining is purple!)

**Photos not by me are by Aidan.

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Good idea going with black. My jacket is very purple and the other day I realized how unfortunate it is that I have no other jacket- I had on an orange sweater and a purple jacket. I tried to use a scarf to cover the orange, but it wasn't working. I was a hot mess. Which is why I will also be purchasing a nice, neutral winter coat. I really want a winter white one, but I know how that will turn out for me. So black will probably be the winner.

Do we get to see your pretty new thing?

Annie Jarman said...

Uh.... oops. I've been caught. I've been writing most of my posts this month in advance and have them post automatically. I meant to get pictures to go along with this one, but I forgot before it posted....

So, look for them later today, hopefully!

Grandma Cebe said...

I wondered where the picture was.

tylerandmommy said...

I love it! And I LOVE Target! My winter coat looks very similar to your old one. Only bigger and fatter and makes me look like an eskimo or something. Someday I will graduate to a nice fitted WOMEN'S coat. Someday. In the meantime I hope Jacket weather lasts LONG cause I have cute jackets.

tylerandmommy said...

P.S. How on earth do you stay so flippin skinny?!

Grandma Cebe said...

Your old coat that was a Christmas present years ago definitely needed to be retired. I like the new coat. And great job, Aidan, on the picture taking.

melissa said...

Lookin' sassy! I must know how you get so much light in your indoor shots. Please share.

Annie Jarman said...

Candis, I stay skinny by eating skinny foods, like angel hair pasta and those skinny bread sticks you sometimes get at fancy-ish eating establishments. ;) Actually, I just have skinny genes. I come by it quite by accident.

Annie said...

Love the new coat! So cute! And thanks for the posts about how to take pictures. I want to grab my little point and shoot and play with it.

Wendy said...

Yay for pictures! It's a great coat- very flattering.