This weekend has been rough for posting. We were totally going to do something fun yesterday since the grocery shopping was all done on Friday (a regular Saturday activity) and we had no place to be. But, I suddenly came down with some *stomach issues* (not at all helped by a delicious Cafe Rio salad the night before) while shopping the awesome sale at Old Navy (thanks for the coupon, Wendy!) and our plans were aborted (but not before saving a bundle on my car insurance... I mean on my Old Navy purchase). (My, there are a lot of parenthesis in that paragraph.)
I hate being sick. Being sick is not a luxury that is afforded to mothers. It is an inconvenience, an unwelcome intruder. I was feeling the beginnings of an ear infection last week and upon telling The Hubster he said, "I'd prefer it if you weren't sick." Not, "Oh, honey!", just "I'd prefer it if you weren't sick." And I totally get it.
Being a sick mother is a bummer. There's no curling up in bed with a box of tissues, a bottle of Nyquil and a cheesy movie to fall asleep to. No sir. If you're a mom and you're sick, you're still on the clock. Even if Daddy is home, there is no rest for the weary (i.e. me). The kids seem to be crabbier and Daddy's patience seems to thinner. It's quite unfair. Being sick is never the break from the day to day I sometimes fantasize it would be.
But, good news, I'm not sick anymore. So, back to the grind. And hopefully back to something more interesting to post about.
3 comments:
You are learning that there is no rest for Mom - sick or not, you're on the job. You won't have the luxury of enjoying being sick until the kidlets are grown and on their own. Only then will you have time to crawl in bed with the cheesy movie. But by then, you probably won't get sick because the ones who usually make you sick are gone. There is no justice.
Ah poor poor Annie. I understand COMPLETELY. I am glad you are feeling better! And don't tell Josh about the snow, he will be jealous. It's 64 here today.
Oh, that makes ME jealous!
Post a Comment