We bought Emily a toddler bed off KSL.com yesterday. Yeah, yeah. She's a big girl now. Well, except that she still pees in a diaper and needs a binky to fall asleep, but other that that, she's a big girl.
Truth be told, I'm not all that excited. Thus begins the game of keeping Emily in her bed when it's time for sleeping. I have not the energy for it. Aidan was a piece of cake. He took it upon himself to stay in his bed until we came to get him. It wasn't until he was learning to use the facilities that we were able to convince him that it was okay if he didn't wait for us to get him out of bed.
I knew Emily would be different. She's watched Aidan hop in and out of bed for the better part of her existence. And she's never been as obedient as her elder sibling. Currently she is playing around in her room, banging on the door, trying to get it open (it's locked) and calling out "Mama! Maaaamaaa!" I am not going to fight over it with her. She is staying in her room, even if she's screaming her head off.
Life was so much easier when she was sleeping in a crib. She stayed put, took her naps, went to bed easy. No more. It's all over. I haven't potty trained her yet for that same reason. Diapers, although gross and smelly, are so much easier than making sure there is always a potty near by and cleaning up accidents. I'd be happy to keep in both crib and diaper for another year.
Of course, then, you'd see me on Super Nanny in 2 years. Nanny Joe would shake her head in disbelief and disgust as she observes me putting my 4 year old to bed in a crib after changing her diaper. That would be embarrassing.
I suppose I'll have to persevere.
1 comment:
Ah, cribs. If it weren't for Jules being potty-trained, she would still be in one. I say keep them in there as long as they can sleep comfortably- or are potty-trained. As for potty-training, UGH. Not fun. She's little yet, though. You're not headed for Super Nanny yet.
Post a Comment