Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A....

fly
spider
bird
cat
dog
goat
cow
horse
I'm a little embarrassed to post these pictures because 1) they're terrible, and 2) my animals and old lady are kind of sloppy. But, I'm so proud of them! This was my first attempt ever at making something like this by hand and I think I did a pretty good job. I've learned a few tricks since finishing these (two words: blanket stitch) and the Country Farm I'm making now is looking so good! Wait until you see my piggy and lamb! Boy howdy are they cute! I'm planning on redoing this, too, now that I know what I did wrong (it helps to read all of the instructions). But I think I'll keep my goat and cow. They're pretty cute. And the horse is blue because I forgot to buy the right color of felt. But I like him blue. In fact, in the Farm set I also made my horsey blue.


Oh, this is the aforementioned Bugga Bugs "I Know an Old Lady" pattern.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

this is so dang cute!

Annie said...

I think it's adorable and I wouldn't change ONE THING!

Grandma Cebe said...

Don't go back and fix things. It has it's own charm as your first project like this. Can't wait to see the Country Farm.

Annie Jarman said...

Do you all not remember the post about the letter I couldn't leave unchanged?! This, sadly, falls under that same category. I have issues. I'll keep this one, but I'm definitely making a new one, I'm thinking of giving it to Aidan's PreSchool teacher for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I love it. :)

Eva said...

I honestly don't see what's wrong with your old lady, I think she's fab.
I think it's all fab and am a fan of blue horses in general.

My word verification is "anneo"

Lindsey said...

did you just say bow howdy in that post?

Annie Jarman said...

No, I said "boy howdy". I don't even know what that means, come to think of it.

Wendy said...

So, how skilled in sewing does one need to be to accomplish this? Once upon a time I had solid basic skills, but these days it's more like rudimentary. Think I could do it? Because yours is completely charming.

(word verification: nipnele. makes me giggle.)

Annie Jarman said...

My skills came from a sewing class I took in 3rd grade, so I'm pretty sure if I can do it, you can do it. I used the sewing machine for the old lady, except I cut the pattern out on what was supposed to be the sew line so it was a little tricky getting it all to fit together. But I hand stitched all the animals. It's an excellent project to work on while watching a movie or TV.

You should totally do it!