Do you ever have a dream about someone or something and the next day your attitude about that someone or something has changed because of the dream?
Two nights ago I had this dream about The Hubster. We were shopping at Trolley Square in some ghetto Kid-to-Kid when he decides he's going to go do some shopping of his own. Sure, whatever. But I have to stay there until he gets back so we don't lose each other, because, apparently we don't have cell phones. So while I'm waiting and waiting and waiting, I end up getting bothered by a guy I went to high school with and Jamie Kennedy. (Young Jamie Kennedy, not "Ghost Whisperer" Jamie Kennedy.) And they're both vying for my affections and dangerously closing in on my personal space. Finally, after a heated exchange between the two about who's girl I am, I wave my ring in their faces and say, "Hey! Guys! I'm married!" and leave the store, fed up with waiting, fed up with my two suitors and on the warpath. I find my eternal companion swimming with my family and he's just grinning at me like, "Wow! We just had the best time!" We end up back at home, which is FILLED to the brim with visitors who I don't know. I escape to the bathroom only to find that swimming was not the only thing he was doing while I was waiting for him as the bathroom has been totally redone complete with a space for our bed right next to the toilet. That's right, he's remodeled our bathroom into a bathroom/bedroom combo and, worst of all, he's taken our beautiful sleigh bed and exchanged it for some white metal bunkbed frame. He thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I am less than pleased. I yell, I scream, I storm off to the kid's room with what's left of a pan of brownies, lay down in front of the door so as not to be bothered and begin shoving chocolately comfort into my mouth while sobbing into the carpet. He pleads for me to come out, that he thought it would be okay, and I scream at him:
"It is NOT okay!! It is not okay that you left me in that store! It is not okay you went swimming with my family! AND IT IS NOT OKAY THAT YOU GOT RID OF MY BED WITHOUT ASKING ME FIRST!!"
And then, I woke up. So, even though he actually hasn't done anything wrong today, I'm a little miffed at him for getting rid of my bed! The nerve! Sheesh!
3 comments:
Wow, the bed next to the toilet, huh? Well, it's... convenient. Albeit disgusting.
I have really vivid dreams like that sometimes and sometimes it's hard to separate the emotion and remember it didn't actually happen. I'll be bugged about it for hours. So sad.
So what does this dream REALLY mean?
And didn't he redeem himself just a little with the surprise date last night?
hA Ha HA HA hA Ha hA hA HA! That's all I can say. But yes - sometimes I wake up mad for something Josh does in dreams. I have to keep reminding myself that it didn't happen and he wouldn't do that. If your husband ever puts your bed next to the toilet you have every right to be mad at him though.
Post a Comment